Friday, 14 July 2017 at 1:15-2:45 p.m.
Church Center for the United Nations, Hardin Room, 11th Floor
1st Avenue and 44th Street (entrance on 44th Street)
An opportunity for early reflection and open dialogue among civil society and others on the 2017 review of Sustainable Development Goal 2 (including intersections with other goals under review).
– Human rights and indigenous rights advocate
– Co-founder and CEO of Sixth World Solutions
– Work centered on revitalizing traditional knowledge and seventh generation planning
Tarcila Rivera Zea
– Journalist and indigenous peoples’ rights advocate
– Founder of CHIRAPAQ to promote cultural re-affirmation, women’s empowerment, anti-racism, and food sovereignty
– FIAN International (International NGO for the Right to Food and Nutrition)
– Working on monitoring and accountability on the right to food and nutrition
– Coordinator for the Global Network for the Right to Food and Nutrition
Moderated by David Weaver, Global Policy Forum
NGO Working Group on Food and Hunger at the United Nations
Food and Ag Cluster of the NGO Major Group of the SDGs